Pre-written letters samples
Thanks for taking my advice so seriously. Those who learn from others’ experience are usually a step ahead of the rest. Purchasing a home within your means now is a wise move. I’m sure you’ve done the right thing. You’re young and will have time to purchase a larger home later. It’s important to build equity now. It looks like you have a great future.
I am pleased that you have taken my advice to begin saving through payroll deduction. If you place at least three percent of your gross salary each month into a tax sheltered annuity, the company will contribute another three percent. If you continue your savings and increase them gradually, you will have a very nice retirement income after 30 years. Saving this way was the best advice I received when I joined Doe Corporation, and I am always eager to pass it on to new employees. Best wishes for a happy, prosperous career.
I was very pleased when I learned you had decided to go ahead with my recommendation to decrease the workweek to four nine-hour days. While it is true that this plan will not succeed in some industries, ours seems to be one where the potential benefits merit this bold experiment. I hope the new workweek is as good to you as it has been to me.
Thank you for implementing my suggestion regarding air quality management in our shop. Ever since the new filtration system was installed I have felt healthier, and our productivity has risen just over 10 percent. It is a pleasure to work in an environment where employee suggestions are taken seriously.
Follow these steps when writing the letter
1. Express your appreciation to the reader for following your advice or recommendation.
- I was glad to learn that you are implementing the procedures we talked about last week.
- Thank you for making the changes I recommended during my last visit.
- Thank you for taking the advice of our team of reviewers.
- I think you were very wise in following the directors’ recommendation that you not pursue the Springfield proposal at this time.
- I am glad that you decided to speak with the president before taking any legal action.
- I was pleased to hear that my suggestions turned out so well for you.
2. Reinforce the benefits the reader will gain through this action.
- I am sure that you will experience the same boost in efficiency that we have experienced in other offices that followed these procedures.
- I am eager to hear how the rest of the team is responding to this new arrangement.
- Sometimes it’s best to let the need for a change become evident, rather than pushing for it too early.
- I am confident that you will find him to be amenable to compromise, thereby avoiding the need for legal action.
- Now that the die is cast, you will start to reap the benefits of this merger.
3. Close with a word of reassurance.
- It’s good to work with you.
- I hope this works out as well for you as it did for us.
- You’re doing a great job.
- Keep up the good work.
- I believe you will find satisfaction in this course of action.
- I look forward to your continued success.
- It is pleasure to work with someone who knows where she is going, but still recognizes the need for the input of others.
- I’m sure we’ll all be pleased with the end results.
Writing Tips and Guidelines
This brief letter is a follow-up to earlier discussions or correspondence. It should convey a tone of appreciation without any hint of condescension or feelings of superiority. Emphasize the reader’s strengths, rather than the value of your advice.